Starbucks has some of the best-whipped creams. But how does Starbucks make their whipped cream? Fortunately, you can make the same decadent whipped cream at home.
Try our Starbucks Whipped Cream recipe to achieve thick, rich cream for topping off your coffee drinks. The soft, sweet, and creamy texture melts on your tongue and is a delicious addition to coffee, fruits, and sweets!
The good news is that making your favorite Starbucks whipped cream at home is relatively simple, and it only requires a few ingredients. Read on to discover our easy homemade Starbucks Whipped Cream recipe!
How to Make Starbucks Whipped Cream
You will need a professional whipped cream dispenser to make whipped cream the way Starbucks does it. You also need whipped cream chargers that contain nitrous oxide.
To make the whipped cream, you put the cream and syrup in the pan. Then you screw on a charger to release the nitrous oxide into the canister. The nitrous oxide produces tiny bubbles.
Finally, you shake it a few times, let it sit for a minute, and you have a nice fluffy whipped cream. Making whipped cream this way gives you more cream than other home whipping methods.
It’s perfect as a topping for drinks, fruits, and sweets.
Starbucks Whipped Cream Ingredients
The recipe for Starbucks whipped cream is very simple.
You can buy vanilla syrup at most supermarkets. It is also very easy to make homemade vanilla syrup.
How Do You Make Starbucks Whipped Cream?
Making Starbucks whipped cream and other professional whipped creams is easy when you see how it is made. Here are the steps to making it.
Step 1: Pour the syrup and whipped cream into the dispenser. Unscrew the lid and shake.
Step 2: Screw on the N2O charger. It is best to insert the charger into the cap provided first. Next, screw the charger in, but just enough so that it is completely screwed in, but not too tight.
Step 3: Shake the whipped cream dispenser for 15-20 seconds. Then turn it on its side for two minutes. This allows the heavy cream and N2O to combine.
Step 4: The whipped cream is now ready to use, and you can remove the used charger. To do this, unscrew the charger and lid.
Step 5: Hold the canister with the nozzle down to measure out the whipped cream. Next, pull the trigger down to pour whipped cream over your drink.
Step 6: To top drinks with this sweet, Starbucks-like whipped cream, inject the whipped cream in circular motions. It’s easiest to start by drawing a large circle around the outer edge of the drink.
Continue to circle around the whipped cream, moving toward the center. The result will be a large layer of whipped cream.
Chocolate or caramel sauce and other toppings are delicious over whipped cream.
Professional whipped cream forms thick, creamy ribbons over drinks and desserts.
Our Tips for Making Whipped Cream
Homemade whipped cream made in a professional dispenser can be stored for a few days.
For best results, follow these steps.
- Prepare the whipped cream with the ingredients and chill the jar.
- Keep the whipped cream cool between uses.
- Store the whipped cream dispenser in the refrigerator, lying on its side.
- Shake it once or twice each time you use it.
- Use the whipped cream before the expiration date of the heavy cream used to make it.
Starbucks Whipped Cream Recipe
Preparation time: 3 Minutes
- Mix the cream and vanilla syrup in a bowl.
- Pour the mixture into the whipped cream maker.
- Place the lid on and screw on a whipped cream nozzle.
- Shake the whipped cream container for 15-20 seconds and turn it on its side.
- To measure out the whipped cream, hold the container with the decorative tip down and the trigger away from the body.
- Store the whipped cream in the refrigerator, lying on its side. Shake lightly before each use. Use a refrigerated whipped cream dispenser, ingredients, and utensils for best results.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Much is Whipped Cream at Starbucks?
Whipped cream at Starbucks is free of charge. Starbucks fans can indulge in the new sweet cold brew whipped cream on top of their favorite coffee drinks for just 50 cents extra.
How Many Pumps of Vanilla Go into Starbucks Whipped Cream?
Typically 8 pumps of vanilla syrup and heavy cream go into making Starbucks whipped cream, which is used as a popular Starbucks topping for a variety of their beverages.
Did Starbucks Change Their Whipped Cream?
Starbucks started piloting a vegan whipped cream topping made from lentils in 2021. Vegans in the US can only order the lentil-based whipped cream in a few Starbucks locations.
Ready for More Starbucks Copycat Recipes?
- How to Make a Starbucks Frappuccino at Home (Easy Recipe)
- Starbucks Strawberry Acai Refresher Copycat
- Starbucks Mango Dragonfruit Refresher Copycat
- 1 How to Make Starbucks Whipped Cream
- 2 Starbucks Whipped Cream Ingredients
- 3 How Do You Make Starbucks Whipped Cream?
- 4 Our Tips for Making Whipped Cream
- 5 Starbucks Whipped Cream Recipe
- 6 Frequently Asked Questions