Updated September 25, 2021
We all love coffee, and we crave chocolate sometimes, and this makes a delicious combination. If you do not fancy a hot drink, you will definitely want to try an iced mocha. You will need to add some ice for an excellent summer drink.
Keep reading to learn more about our simple iced mocha recipe, which is loved by many. Best of all, you can make it in a few minutes. Following our iced mocha guide; you will be able to enjoy a yummy, sweet and cold coffee drink every time.
What Do Iced Mochas Taste Like?
The drink is enjoyed best using a high-quality chocolate sauce with the freshly brewed coffee balancing it out. You will get a sweet, fresh drink that is both delicious and refreshing.
Use regular ice cubes to prepare a regular iced mocha. Alternatively, make your iced coffee cubes for extra coffee flavors to prevent diluting this drink this water. Perfect if you plan to enjoy your iced mocha in the sun.
Homemade Iced Mocha Recipe
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Servings: 2 drinks
- Mason jar
- Glass or mug
Iced Mocha Ingredients
- 4 oz espresso or strong brewed cold coffee
- 1 cup of whole milk
- 4 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- Ice cubes made from filtered watered (or coffee – optional)
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Sprinkles or chocolate shavings (optional)
Instructions for Iced Mocha
1. Take a large glass or a Mason jar. Then mix the espresso or strong brewed cold coffee with milk and chocolate syrup. Shake it with the lid on or stir well until all ingredients are mixed together.
2. Next, grab a second glass and fill it until it’s full with ice cubes. You can use ice cubes made from filtered water. If you fancy more coffee flavors and caffeine, feel free to use ice cubes made from coffee.
3. Pour the coffee and chocolate mixture over the ice, then stir it well.
4. The final step is optional, but it can enhance your drink to a better than your local coffee shop level. Add whipped cream, sprinkles, or chocolate shavings and decoration for a special treat.
- There are only four core ingredients to make this at home: coffee, milk, chocolate syrup, and ice – simple really.
- You can make it with espresso, strong brewed coffee, or even cold brew.
- The regular Iced mocha is caffeinated and sweet. We recommend a medium-dark or dark roast coffee for the fullest flavors.
- Serve in a tall glass with ice
- Top it off with whipped cream. You can whisk together half a cup of heavy cream and four teaspoons of sugar using a handheld milk frother for two servings of whipped cream.
- Feel free to experiment with decaf iced mocha if you want a caffeine-free refreshment.
How to Personalize your Iced Mocha Recipe?
There are many ways you can experiment with our iced mocha recipe. You will be able to personalize your iced mocha according to your preferences. Here are a few ideas to do that at home.
Classic Whole Milk or Not iced?
Any kind of milk you prefer will be suitable for iced mocha, whether whole milk, half and half, almond milk, coconut milk, oat milk, or else. The coffee to milk ratio is something you can also test a few different options to find your ideal taste profile.
Hersey’s or Homemade Chocolate Syrup?
Suppose you have Hersey’s chocolate syrup at home that usually works well. Or, you can also try to make chocolate syrup at home from cocoa powder, milk, and sugar.
Espresso, Coffee, or Cold Brew?
Coffee lovers might argue if espresso, strong brewed coffee, or cold brew is best for an iced mocha. We think that any of those will work well.
At Starbucks, tall sized mocha is made from 1 shot of espresso in a tall glass, and they usually use a double shot for the Grande size. At home, you can substitute this for strong brewed coffee or cold brew.
Chocolate Chips for Toppings?
Toppings are where you can get really creative. All these are optional, and they can make iced mocha into a full-blown dessert. Whipped cream is our base that you can top with chocolate sprinkles or shavings, cinnamon dolce sprinkles, pumpkin spice. Or use our favorite topping: chocolate chips.
After reading our recipe, you are ready to make an iced mocha at home. Homemade ice mochas are easy to prepare; you only have to follow the correct order that will give you a drink that sweetly satisfies.
This classic summer drink is easy to prepare and very affordable and offers you tons of options to customize and give it your own twist. It means you can enjoy it the way you want without visiting a coffee shop, also impressing your friends and family with your new skill.