Are you looking for one of the best-iced mocha drinks in 2022? Then you should try our easy iced mocha recipe. We know that you love coffee and chocolate. So do we. Such a delicious combination!
Best of all, it’s inexpensive, and you can make it in only a few minutes. Mocha iced coffee is a great drink to entertain your family & friends.
Let’s get into it!
Iced Mocha Coffee Taste
The drink is best enjoyed with a high-quality chocolate sauce and freshly brewed coffee balancing it out. You will get a sweet drink that is both delicious and refreshing.
You can use regular ice cubes to prepare your iced mocha or prepare iced coffee cubes for extra coffee flavors. This will prevent diluting the iced mocha drink with water. Perfect if you plan to enjoy your iced mocha in the sun.
And if you enjoy refreshing and sweet iced mocha drinks, then you can also try the TikTok Starbucks Iced White Mocha with Sweet Cream Foam!
Easy Iced Mocha Recipe
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Servings: 2 drinks
- Mason jar
- Glass or mug
- 4 oz espresso or strong brewed cold coffee
- 1 cup of whole milk
- 4 tablespoons of Hershey’s or Torani chocolate syrup
- Ice cubes made from filtered water
- Whipped cream
- Chocolate sprinkles or shavings
How to Make a Simple Iced Mocha
1. Take a large glass or a Mason jar. Combine espresso or strong brewed cold coffee with milk and chocolate syrup. Shake it with the lid on or stir well until all ingredients are mixed together.
2. Next, grab a second glass and fill it until it’s full with ice cubes. You can use ice cubes made from filtered water. If you fancy more coffee flavors and caffeine, feel free to use ice cubes made from coffee.
3. Pour the coffee and chocolate mixture over the ice, then stir it well.
4. Add whipped cream, sprinkles, or chocolate shavings and decorations for a special treat.
- There are only four core ingredients to make this at home: coffee, milk, chocolate syrup, and ice.
- You can make it with espresso, strong brewed coffee, or cold brew.
- The regular Iced mocha is caffeinated and sweet. We recommend a medium-dark or dark roast coffee for the fullest flavors.
- Serve in a tall glass with ice
- Top it off with whipped cream. You can whisk together half a cup of heavy cream and four teaspoons of sugar using a handheld milk frother for two servings of whipped cream.
- Feel free to experiment with decaf iced mocha if you want a caffeine-free refreshment.
- If you want something cold, fruity and without chocolate then you can make a Starbucks refreshers copycat at home.
Customizing your Iced Mocha Recipe
There are many ways you can experiment with our iced mocha recipe. You will be able to personalize your iced mocha according to your preferences. Here are a few ideas to do that at home.
Cold Brew Substitutions
Coffee lovers might argue if cold brew concentrate or espresso is best for an iced mocha. We think that any of those will work well.
At Starbucks, tall sized mocha is made from a single shot of espresso in a tall glass, and they usually use a double shot for the Grande size. At home, you can substitute this for strong brewed coffee or cold brew concentrate. To make cold brew at home, see our cold brew recipe.
Toppings are where you can get really creative. All these are optional, and they can make your iced mocha into a full-blown dessert. Whipped cream is our base that you can top with chocolate sprinkles or shavings, cinnamon dolce sprinkles, pumpkin spice. Or use our favorite topping, chocolate chips.
Any kind of milk you prefer will be great for an iced mocha: whether it’s whole milk, half and half, oat milk, or else. The coffee to milk ratio is something you can also test a few different options to find your ideal taste profile.
If you have Hersey’s chocolate syrup at home that usually works well. You can also try to make chocolate syrup at home from cocoa powder, milk, and sugar.
After reading our recipe, you are ready to make a mocha iced coffee at home. Iced mochas are easy to prepare; you just need to follow a few simple steps that will give you a drink that sweetly satisfies.
This classic summer drink is very affordable and offers you tons of options to customize. Why not give it your own twist? You can enjoy it the way you want without visiting a coffee shop, while also impressing your friends and family with this iced mocha recipe.