McCafé Iced Coffee is made with 100% Arabica beans, cream, and your choice of flavored coffee syrup. You could choose caramel, hazelnut, French vanilla, or sugar-free French vanilla. A small McCafé Iced Coffee with whole milk has 140 calories. But how much caffeine is in McDonald’s Iced Coffee?
The caffeine content of McDonald’s iced coffee is 16.67 mg/fl oz. So an 11.5 fl oz cup of McDonald’s Iced Coffee contains a total of 133 mg of caffeine.
McDonald’s iced coffee is now a popular and cost-effective alternative to coffee from the coffee shop. In this article, we will tell you everything you need to know about the caffeine in a McDonald’s iced coffee. As a bonus, we will also share our favorite McDonald’s iced coffee copycat recipe with you. Read on to learn more about McDonalds iced coffee caffeine content.
How Much Caffeine In McDonalds Iced Coffee?
Image Credit: Popsugar
- Caffeine content 133 mg
- Caffeine strength: High
- Calories: 180
- Sugar: 28 grams
- Serving size: 11.5 fl oz cup
Caffeine in McDonald’s Iced Coffee Per Cup Size
These amounts are estimates based on information provided by customer services. McDonald’s does not include or analyze the caffeine content in its coffee beverages.
- McDonald’s iced coffee Small cup: 94 mg (140 calories).
- McDonald’s medium cup of iced coffee: 133 mg (180 calories)
- Mcdonald’s large cup of iced coffee: 200 mg (260 calories)
McDonald’s Iced Coffee Ingredients
Image Credit: Linsey Hulbert
- Premium Roast Coffee (100% Arabica)
- Light Cream: Milk, Cream, Sodium Phosphate, Datem, Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Sodium Citrate, Carrageenan.
- Liquid Sugar: Sugar, Water, Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid.
McDonald’s Iced Coffee Recipe
This McDonald’s iced coffee recipe is a copycat of the original! This iced coffee recipe is one of those specialty drinks that can not only give you the extra energy you need in the morning, but it will also taste amazing! Our copycat iced coffee is slightly sweet so it can also give you a nice break from the latest coffee trend of sour-tasting hipster coffees.
- Prep time: 6 minutes
- Servings: 4 servings
For the Iced Coffee:
- 5 cups of strong brewed coffee
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup simple syrup
For the Syrup:
- 2 cups of white sugar
- 2 cups of water
Prepare the Simple Syrup:
- Add the sugar to the water in a small saucepan and bring it to a simmer.
- Mix thoroughly to ensure that the sugar is completely dissolved.
- After about ten minutes of stirring, the mixture should begin to thicken.
- Then, remove the saucepan from the heat and set it aside to cool.
- After the syrup has chilled, pour it into a glass bottle. Store it in the refrigerator.
Prepare the Iced Coffee:
To make a strong pot of coffee, use double the coffee grounds, preferably Arabica beans.
- Fill the pitcher halfway with Ice.
- Immediately after brewing, pour the coffee into the ice-filled pitcher.
- Then, in the pitcher, combine the cream and the simple homemade syrup (or one of the four flavors listed below).
- Fill four 8-ounce glasses halfway with Ice. Fill each with the coffee mixture.
Enjoy your iced coffee!
Frequently Asked Questions on How Much Caffeine Is In McDonald’s Iced Coffee?
What are Light Cream and Light Whipped Cream?
Light cream is made from cream and whole milk, while light whipped cream is made from cream and nonfat milk.
Can You Get McDonald’s Iced Coffee Without Milk?
Yes, but you need to order your drink black or without milk. Otherwise, it’ll come with milk already included.
How Much Does a McDonald’s Iced Coffee Cost?
Coffee at McDonald’s is less expensive compared to Starbucks or Dunkin’. Small-sized iced drinks at McDonald’s cost only $2 as part of their Dollar Menu.
- Do Starbucks Frappuccinos Have Caffeine?
- Starbucks Bottled Iced Coffee Caffeine Content
- Caffeine Hangover and Crashes: Everything You Need to Know!
Featured Image Credit: McDonald’s
- 1 How Much Caffeine In McDonalds Iced Coffee?
- 2 Caffeine in McDonald’s Iced Coffee Per Cup Size
- 3 McDonald’s Iced Coffee Ingredients
- 4 McDonald’s Iced Coffee Recipe
- 5 Frequently Asked Questions on How Much Caffeine Is In McDonald’s Iced Coffee?